2005 Jeep LJ on 37's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Jeep LJ on 37's

Well after sinking tons of coin into a 4.6L stroker I'm going the diesel route. Long game is to have something that can wheel great but get good enough mileage that i can daily drive it.

What axles are you running? What transmission are you considering?

What happened with the stroker? Maybe you should have gone supercharger. Should be a cool build.

Comment

Originally posted by Duck454ss View Post
      Well after sinking tons of coin into a 4.6L stroker I'm going the diesel route. Long game is to have something that can wheel great but get good enough mileage that i can daily drive it.
      R2.8 is a good choice. I have a '69 Bronco on 37s. I DD'd all summer and pulled a consistent 23 mpg. Got 17 towing a small hardsided camper too.

It's no rocket sled, but can still cruise at 75mph without shifting out of OD to pull the grades. The R2.8 is an excellent engine for wheeling too.
      Last edited by Digger; 11-12-2021, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJeep View Post
        What axles are you running? What transmission are you considering?

What happened with the stroker? Maybe you should have gone supercharger. Should be a cool build.
        running D44's, plan on swapping in a TR-4050.. the stroker turned out great performance wise.... buuuuuuut fuel mileage was and is horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Digger View Post

R2.8 is a good choice. I have a '69 Bronco on 37s. I DD'd all summer and pulled a consistent 23 mpg. Got 17 towing a small hardsided camper too.

It's no rocket sled, but can still cruise at 75mph without shifting out of OD to pull the grades. The R2.8 is an excellent engine for wheeling too.
          what kind of mileage do you get cruising at 75?

Comment

Originally posted by Duck454ss View Post

what kind of mileage do you get cruising at 75?
            @ 75mph, about 19-20mpg. I think you'll like the TR-4050 behind the R2.8. I use a ZF-5 which is similarly rated and ratio'd. It's been a good pair.

Comment

Working...
            X