my new build ! TMD DieselX Spl.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new build ! TMD DieselX Spl.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1259 copy.JPG Views:	0 Size:	89.6 KB ID:	1595Click image for larger version  Name:	CUMMINSDieselX  .JPG Views:	0 Size:	67.9 KB ID:	1596Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1266 copy.JPG Views:	0 Size:	130.3 KB ID:	1594Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN0999.JPG Views:	0 Size:	174.2 KB ID:	1592Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN0992.JPG Views:	0 Size:	173.4 KB ID:	1593
    Attached Files
    Last edited by macmiller46241; 04-14-2019, 03:45 PM.

That looks really cool. I'm not too familiar with that style of racing. Are you leaving the engine stock or will there be some mods?

Comment

This new car is a 1930s style concept and development car, not built to any rules and regulations... It is totally outlaw.. It features 1930s art deco, streamline styling.. It is built with the best quality racing components, systems and materials available. ,,,,,,,, The engine will be installed stock but some of my friends at CUMMINS will be advising me about modification when I get everything running... Click image for larger version

Name:	COMBO POSTER 2.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	1600

Comment

What's the axle/transmission setup? Just kind of wondering if you were going more acceleration of a setup or top speed type setup. For a diesel I would think the R2.8 would have a pretty good top speed potential.

There was a post on here somewhere about performance and it seems that around 200hp is about where this engine is maxed out in stock configuration. 200 HP would destroy my drivetrain, so it's nothing I've looked into. I'm sure your friends at Cummins will be able to help though.

That's a pretty cool frame. Is the body stuff AL or composite or anything? I would assume rivets were pretty popular for that era, but maybe I'm thinking a bit more modern.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	67.9 KB ID:	1606 Will be using a Speedway Engineering "Quick Change" rear axle and a Hughes Performance GM 4L60 auto trans with fully manual shifting... With a total vehicle weight of around 1850 lb, I don't know what to expect concerning driving characteristics.. At 1850 lbs, I should have way more torque than I need so I will probably trade some of the torque for top speed and I'm sure i will have more top speed than i will need.. I am thinking about 3.00 to 3.30 gear ratio but, maybe even, as high as 2.80 or as low as 3.50.. With a "quick change" I can try all combinations..
          I think it is easy to eliminate the EGR system for more HP and some weight reduction.. CUMMINS will help me with this..
          The first prototype body will be fiberglass. When I get the correct fit and shape, I will be making all carbon fiber bodywork.. I will be working some visible rivets into the final "look"of the car..
          Attached Files
          Last edited by macmiller46241; 04-17-2019, 05:37 PM.

Comment

I've got 3.07 gearing with an AX-15 and 33" tires and it moves 4k lbs around with no problem. Even pulling a small trailer is nothing. My setup is meant to be slow though. I would prefer my EGR gone, for several reasons. I will be regearing sometime in the future to 3.55s, but that's more to do with everyday driving and carrier options in the axle where there's little aftermarket support for the numerically low gear ratios.

In school we worked on composites for drone stuff and I've missed working with composites to a point. I have so many projects going on that it seems impossible to have an area clean and open enough to work with the mats.

Comment

Working...
            X