Hummer H3t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hummer H3t

Picked up an H3T I would like to put the 2.8 in with a 6l80 or 90 (looking into the 27 spline options from 32 for existing t case). Spent several hours last night looking at Dakota digital items as well. I already have an H3 with an LS2 and the only project I actually want to pursue at this time is the 2.8.
    As this is a newer vehicle, And I want several ‘factory’ appearance items functional- particularly the dash even if I have to fab parts of it. Are most of you just relying on the Murphy gauge or finding work arounds?

Another quick question- anyone played around with the EGR?

Comment

Originally posted by Fanugy View Post
      I think Axis can get you a block off plate that will put the EGR where it's more useful, on the shelf.

I believe you could find a thermostat housing from overseas if you want the engine to look like OEM from the rest of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanugy View Post
        EGR is easy to delete. Intake and exhaust manifold are available without EGR from Cummins. Tuning is the only real issue bu5 a few options there.

there are plenty of ways to make gauges work, but most of the time you have to run both the new and old computer. What year is it?

Comment

It’s a 2009

Comment

I use the murphy gauge and a Dakota Digital VFD3. I'm not piggybacking my PCM, just seems like extra stuff I didn't want under the hood. Also I wanted a GPS speedometer. The GPS helps me in a few ways, ease of setup, no issues with changing tires/wheels/gearing, and I can get away with a shorter transfer case eventually. Most Jeep guys have to (want to) stretch their Jeeps to fit an Atlas 4 speed.

Can't wait to see more of the project. I hope Cummins offers the ISF3.8 one day, I think that would be insane in your rig. I know very little about the H3t.

Comment

Highly doubt the 3.8 will ever be sold domestically through Cummins. Yes it may be possible and some exist here, but as the years go by I think it will be harder and harder due to emissions standards.

I am sure you can get the stock gauges to work with a GMLan to Can bus interface but this will be a completely custom build.

Comment

The stock gauges are run by the body control module not the PCM so you have to tell the BCM to talk to the Cummins PCM. Different can language, not that hard but not easy.

Comment

This is all great info (and encouraging). The electrical appears to be most difficult- glad this forum is active with people using/installing.

Comment

Working...
                  X