2004 tj r2.8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 tj r2.8

I started my R2.8 build April 11, worked on t every evening after work and every weekend until I finished on May 5th.

I love it, everything works as intended. I should have fuel consumption figures soon.
    Last edited by Gaucho919; 06-10-2018, 06:57 PM.

That looks great! Nice work. Which kit did you go with? Or did you do it all? Looks sharp!

Comment

I used Axis transmission adapter, motor mounts, coolant temp fitting and ECU mount. Everything else did myself. Used a mishimoto intercooler, YJ P/S reservoir, made my own P/S lines.

Comment

• Victorino
        Victorino commented
        Editing a comment
        Is the pick up fitting a #5?
        What about your return line, is there a tube down into the tank of does it just stop at the fitting?

Looks great! Good job

Comment

I have to ask your username? Motorcycle Honda 919?

Comment

Haha! No I’m Argentinian, grew up in a working ranch with Gauchos (cowboys) then moved to the states as a teenager and that username has stuck for basically everything ha!

Comment

Which mishimoto did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Gaucho919 View Post
              Haha! No I’m Argentinian, grew up in a working ranch with Gauchos (cowboys) then moved to the states as a teenager and that username has stuck for basically everything ha!
              Haha, all good. I just wondered.

Comment

It looks great. So how is it running? How is it on the street and off road? What gears are you running........Inquiring minds want to know lol

Comment

Super clean install and fast!!! How is everything running? Love the no cage look.

Comment

I used a Mishimoto G-line intercooler. It's a bit taller than I wanted but it works. Runs great, I have a buddy with an LJ 6 speed and we raced them couple times. R2.8 wins every time.

Best thing I can say about it, sooo fun to drive. The turbo spools right away and it just pulls and pulls. I have 33" tires and 4.10s at the moment but going to 3.55 at some point soon.

Comment

So you were able to keep the fuel gauge working, does the wiring from the sensor go into the ECM? I'm trying to figure out if I need to keep the old ECM in order to keep some gauges and lights working: fuel level, 4wd engaged light, clutch lock out.

Comment

As far as I know (not an expert on the Jeep swap yet) you need to keep the stock ECM to make the guages work.
                        not sure if that’s helpful.

Comment

Hi guys. New to the forum. I am finishing a 2003 wrangler R2.8. I left all the jeep computers intact and I am tapping the stock ignition for power and start of the R2.8. I want my OEM airbags and other electrical to work. When powering up I am getting the flashing headlights like the security system has been compromised. I have read about the Jeep "SKIM" security system. Has anyone dealt with this issue?
                          Thanks.

Comment

Where did you mount the computer?

Comment

• Greg Burns
                              Greg Burns commented
                              Editing a comment
                              All the Jeep computers stayed in place. The Cummins ECU went on the fender well.
                          Working...
                          X