No announcement yet.

2004 tj r2.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using the Axis Industries filter/heater bracket but having trouble getting it in place. Can you post a close up pic of it?

Comment

This one is on a 1997 Wrangler. Let me know if you need more info and I can take more pics or whatever.

Comment

• Victorino
        Victorino commented
        Editing a comment
        did you loosen the oil line fittings and rotate them forward to get them out of the way of the steering?

Yes I did but only at the filter side of the lines. The ones next to the engine scare me with the engine installed. You're talking about getting 1-1/16" or something wrenches to manipulate some of those fittings and they thread into AL.

Comment

Sorry I missed a lot of the questions. Looks like it all got answered though. I was busy making the TJ into a pickup truck. And now busy driving it ha!

Replaced virtually everything,
        regeared to 3.55
        128” wheelbase
        Ford 8.8 Eaton truetrac rear
        Jeep Comanche rear leaf springs
        Dana 30 HP front, open, cv shafts
        Clayton long arms
        NP242 full time t-case
        255/80-17 Toyos
        45 gal slip tank ~1500 mile range

Comment

Wow. That looks awesome. Any build details on the flat bed? I've got a YJ I wanted to turn into a flat bed.

Comment

I built it in the shop out 1.5” square tube 1/8” thick. Used the old pieces of the roll bar to make a headache rack. I still need to make fenders and add mud flaps

Comment

I love it. Where/how did you stretch the frame? Did you just "notch" the hard top?

This beats the heck out of the gladiators.

Comment

Haha thanks! The plan was to make it a pickup long before the Cummins. It’s all the parts I love in one Jeep. Super useful and 26 mpg. I stretched it 30” right below the drivers seat area where the frame tracks straight. Used 3x4 1/4” thick rec tube. The top came from GR8TOPS

Comment

WOW. Very impressed. Would love to do the same.

Comment

First heavy tow with the R2.8. It tows as well as expected. Pulls strong, 75 mph 2k rpm for days

Comment

• Rseo10
                      Rseo10 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What trans are you running? I'm banging on 2100 rpm's door at 60mph lol

These engines tow much better than the 4.0 did. I've towed around 3k lbs a couple times, but I do wish I had a first gear that was closer to 6:1. Of course I've still got 3.07s at the moment, which doesn't help much. I'm gonna swap out my axles this summer and whenever funds allow, I'll pick up an Atlas T-case which will have a 2Lo option, so maybe that'll be more than enough to start the heavy loads on steep hills.

If I still don't have low enough, then I'll swap my transmission to TR-4050.

Comment

Working...
                    X