Ignition splice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition splice

Can anybody provide info on which ignition wire to splice into for a TJ?

Are you trying to get a tach signal to try and excite your PCM? From my understanding the FSM calls this a camshaft position sensor and it's on the distributor, but everywhere else calls it something else I can't quite remember at the moment. This is for the earlier TJs and maybe the newer ones. I've never gotten this to work nor have I tried, but I've seen it mentioned on engine swaps for TJs. I am not sure but I read that the PCM gets the RPMs from the crankshaft position sensor, but needs to see the camshaft signal. My plan originally was to splice a wire from the tach signal of the Cummins ECU and send it to the signal for the camshaft position sensor and then see what happens.

I just separated my wiring harness and can get you a pic if it's of any help finding the sensor in the harness.

Comment

• Victorino
      Victorino commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I'm looking for the correct wire to splice into to power the ECM.

Sorry Victorino, I didn't see this post until now.

I spliced into the dark blue wire in the ignition that is energized when the ignition switch is in the run and start position.
    Last edited by DieselJeep; 12-06-2018, 02:16 PM. Reason: I wanted to add the information under this thread so it's easier to find.

Comment

• Victorino
      Victorino commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks! I'll have this done and the vehicle ready for drive shafts this weekend!
Working...
X