Murphy fault code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murphy fault code

Just got my rig started up. Throwing a fault code spn 000729 FMI 03 OC 2. Anyone know what this is?

I got a code for a few seconds the first time I fired it up. I'm trying to search quickserve, but it's being slow. It would be nice to have a basic list of codes in case they pop up while driving so we know to cry or keep going.

Comment

Did it go away? QuickServe isn't working apparently it has been searching for several minutes.

Comment

Didn’t go away. I now have several other ones that are appearing as well. The engine appears to be running fine from observation but I’m not sure

Comment

Looking through their Fault Code guide online SPN 729 is listed when they mention the grid heater. I'm not sure exactly what the other part would mean. I would think, unless there's an issue with the wiring, this should go away. Do you think you started it too quickly?

Comment

Is your fused link in there? Are you running a very long wire or maybe there's some resistance there? I let mine idle a few seconds and after shutting off and turning back on I never had a code come on. I assume all fluids are in there. But maybe there's a loose wire somewhere. Maybe review your grounds.

Comment

Either way congratulations on getting it running. I remember it being a surreal moment for me. My emotions were mixed with nerves, terror, and glee.

Comment

Got it figured out. Had the grid heater mounted but forgot to attach it to the battery. After that I don’t think the code came up again. So far so good. A few little things to clean up electrically but it’s on its way! Thanks dieseljeep. Very excited to drive this thing

Comment

It would be nice to share a few basics on interrpetting fault codes? What do SPN, FMI, and OC stand for?

I got a SPN 000097 FMI 03 OC 002

I assume I've got something on the harness hooked up incoreclty, beucase this only showed up after moving our bulkhead fitting and wiring a fan relay.

Do all R2.8 owners get acces to the Fault Code Analyer Tool (FCAT) on Quickserve Online? I can't find it when I log in with my ESN. I downloaded the Fault Code Analyzer on my iphone, but is tells me 97 or 000097 is not applicable to my ESN.

Comment

Working...
                  X