No announcement yet.

EFI Live Tuning and R2.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I still haven't finished my exhaust in part, wondering about the DOC. Since it's passive it doesn't bother me much. If it'll reduce emissions without reducing my efficiency, I'm all for it. If it keeps some smoke down, then again I'm not against it. However the price for platinum is high, so maybe I should save it for a rainy day in my safe .

I'm certainly not into worrying my about HP and racing, so I doubt I need some high flowing race exhaust. I simply just want a tune that will maximize life of the engine/fuel components and get as good of MPG as possible within the reliability mandate.

Comment

Looks as if I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy and EFI Live HD tuner and see what can be done with this engine since nobody can provide any information of any kind about anything.

Comment

I never bought the EFI Live HD tuner because I discovered it had all of the "fun" shit blocked. In the words of those blokes from down under it was done in order to help me comply with laws that exist outside of their home nation.

Since I dont drive my rig on the street I started looking for an off-road tuner and what do you know, I found one right here in the very state that I live in. Y'all need to get on facebook and have a talk with the delete king. He was able to give me a good idea of what I needed to buy and install on my computer to get the job done.

I am happy with the results of his work, now if I could just fix all of the non-engine problems with my land cruiser...

Comment

I can't wait to get mine tuned for off-road. I've been eyeing that hunk of EGR stuff on the side of my engine and it keeps reminding me of a tumor. I got another exhaust manifold so that I can do my exhaust properly, the "P-trap" for the exhaust annoyed me so I'm going to look at doing my exhaust with minimal bends and setup for high clearance.

Any idea on the noise without a muffler and no DOC?

Comment

Care to share some info on the OEM cummins manifolds w/o EGR?

I have a muffler so I cannot comment on the noise level.

Comment

Originally posted by RePowerToy View Post

Doesn’t really hurt the DOC? It’s a catalyst, still get shot like a cat but could be coked depending on how much fuel you dump at it I guess.....
              Seems like a good thing to have unless you are trying to sell it to handle an addiction problem. Catalysts are wonderful things when the correct spent gasses are flowing through them.
              QW

Comment

Originally posted by nframe View Post
                Care to share some info on the OEM cummins manifolds w/o EGR?

I have a muffler so I cannot comment on the noise level.
                Here are the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by QFW181 View Post

Seems like a good thing to have unless you are trying to sell it to handle an addiction problem. Catalysts are wonderful things when the correct spent gasses are flowing through them.
                  QW
                  I agree they do help, but with testing on this engine they really only come into play at cold start I believe. Engine burns very clean with all emissions equip. Not saying anyone should remove them! However figment can be a major issue..... many people have to remove them or heavily modify to clear drive shafts.

Comment

Hello, everyone!
                    Here in Russia about half of ISF2.8 runs with disabled EGR valve and Intake air throttle. Done by ECM reflashing.

After ECM reflashing you have to clear audit trail and no one dealer wouldn't see any changes.
                    Last edited by Oleg_Powerstroke; 01-22-2020, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Pm or call for more info with tuning for those interested

Comment

Working...
                      X