No announcement yet.

Cruise Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good, because we've got some long trips planned for the Cummins Commando.

Comment

remember that if you have a manual trans, you should not need a speed signal, just keep the rpm the same (and possibly add a switch to the clutch pedal)

Comment

Originally posted by dlang View Post
        remember that if you have a manual trans, you should not need a speed signal, just keep the rpm the same (and possibly add a switch to the clutch pedal)
        You would still need a speed sensor signal. That is how the ECU completes the feedback loop to control the engine RPM to maintain speed.

Comment

I'm running GPS speed is that an issue? I think my module has some output options though. My tcase is probably going to be replaced by an Atlas unit and I don't know much about their options yet other than gear ratios.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis Industries USA View Post

You would still need a speed sensor signal. That is how the ECU completes the feedback loop to control the engine RPM to maintain speed.
            doesn't the ECU know the engine RPM already? so it should be able to just maintain the RPM without needing an extra sensor

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJeep View Post
              I'm running GPS speed is that an issue? I think my module has some output options though. My tcase is probably going to be replaced by an Atlas unit and I don't know much about their options yet other than gear ratios.
              I have an Atlas in my JK and I went through the options. They have the ability to run a D300/NP2xx mechanical speedo output, an electronic pulse trigger (like they've been using for a good 20+ years with the 4.0, or no provision for any speedo at all. Since my JK uses the ABS wheel sensors for speed input, I went with the latter option. Assuming my plans for the truck go forward, I'll have either the stock NP208 or Atlas with a digital trigger to drive both the speed input to the computer but also to drive an aftermarket electric speedometer that is going in the dash when I do my gauge package upgrade. Though I may try to do a 4L60E with the Novak transfer case adapter that has a VSS set up in the adapter between the trans and t-case. That would let me run just one program for the transmission and I wouldn't have to worry about hooking up the 4LO signal to the computer and plug in the low range ratio and all that nonsense. I'd still drive the speedometer from the tail of the t-case though.

Comment

Working...
              X