Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RePowerToy
    replied
    Cruise works! I’ll post soon the parts to use. But due to the fact I don’t want to be liable I can’t tell anyone how to make it work.....

Leave a comment:

• GrimmJeeper
    replied
    Excelent news.

Leave a comment:

• RePowerToy
    replied
    More testing today is proving fruitful.... but can’t be sure until after more driving and testing.

Leave a comment:

• RePowerToy
    replied
    Still working on this. Runs and throttle works but have not driven to test.... soon

Leave a comment:

• GrimmJeeper
    replied
    Looking forward to hearing your results.

Leave a comment:

• RePowerToy
    replied
    I have a solution and will tell everyone once testing is done. It’s really not difficult. There are a few aftermarket modules for cruise that just require a bit of wiring.

I have used rostra as well as Dakota digital. I will post wiring diagrams sometime in the next month after some testing.

i know cruise can be enabled Via CAN however, due to the risk of this being done improperly and the liability I bet it will never be active on the engine computer. The only solution will be aftermarket I’m afraid.

Leave a comment:

• GrimmJeeper
    started a topic Cruise Control

Cruise Control

Not sure if this is the best place for this. But electricity is involved.

Has anyone looked into what it would take to adapt a cruise control system to a repower equipped rig? I know that in more modern vehicles a lot of that is integrated in the PCM. I'm guessing that if I have a rig equipped like that I can feed the right data somehow to the computer and it will actuate the mechanical throttle (which will have to be adapted to the throttle pedal if it was tied to a mechanical throttle in, say, a 90's era vehicle).

And then in the old school rigs, it's an analog system that taps in line with the speedometer cable and uses vacuum to actuate the throttle. I bet I could adapt that given I keep the mechanical speedometer.

What about a vehicle that didn't come with cruise to begin with? What kind of aftermarket system would work best?
Working...
X