Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nframe
    replied
    So its true that the cummins ECM has cruise control capability? How could you possibly know that, I cant even find a full wiring diagram for what arrived in my harness box.

Leave a comment:

• GrimmJeeper
    replied
    Originally posted by DieselJeep View Post
    I'm running GPS speed is that an issue? I think my module has some output options though. My tcase is probably going to be replaced by an Atlas unit and I don't know much about their options yet other than gear ratios.
    I have an Atlas in my JK and I went through the options. They have the ability to run a D300/NP2xx mechanical speedo output, an electronic pulse trigger (like they've been using for a good 20+ years with the 4.0, or no provision for any speedo at all. Since my JK uses the ABS wheel sensors for speed input, I went with the latter option. Assuming my plans for the truck go forward, I'll have either the stock NP208 or Atlas with a digital trigger to drive both the speed input to the computer but also to drive an aftermarket electric speedometer that is going in the dash when I do my gauge package upgrade. Though I may try to do a 4L60E with the Novak transfer case adapter that has a VSS set up in the adapter between the trans and t-case. That would let me run just one program for the transmission and I wouldn't have to worry about hooking up the 4LO signal to the computer and plug in the low range ratio and all that nonsense. I'd still drive the speedometer from the tail of the t-case though.

Leave a comment:

• dlang
    replied
    Originally posted by Axis Industries USA View Post

You would still need a speed sensor signal. That is how the ECU completes the feedback loop to control the engine RPM to maintain speed.
    doesn't the ECU know the engine RPM already? so it should be able to just maintain the RPM without needing an extra sensor

Leave a comment:

• DieselJeep
    replied
    I'm running GPS speed is that an issue? I think my module has some output options though. My tcase is probably going to be replaced by an Atlas unit and I don't know much about their options yet other than gear ratios.

Leave a comment:

• Axis Industries USA
    replied
    Originally posted by dlang View Post
    remember that if you have a manual trans, you should not need a speed signal, just keep the rpm the same (and possibly add a switch to the clutch pedal)
    You would still need a speed sensor signal. That is how the ECU completes the feedback loop to control the engine RPM to maintain speed.

Leave a comment:

• dlang
    replied
    remember that if you have a manual trans, you should not need a speed signal, just keep the rpm the same (and possibly add a switch to the clutch pedal)

Leave a comment:

• Biodiesel Don
    replied
    Good, because we've got some long trips planned for the Cummins Commando.

Leave a comment:

• Axis Industries USA
    replied
    Hey guys, we are actually working on a solution to enable cruise in the factory Cummins ECU. That way there is no other needed electronics involved.
    All that will be need is a VSS signal and a couple of switch inputs for the request and brake signal. We should be testing it here shortly.

Leave a comment:

• DieselJeep
    replied
    Thanks. I can definitely adapt the sensor from my Tcase, but wasn't sure of any disadvantages to the GPS and I like having the compass and adding the temperature probe. I'm holding off for at least a week or 2 before ordering any dash stuff and very soon I won't have any time to work on the build.

If you have any other suggestions though, I'd love to hear them, but I definitely like the idea of being able to add cruise later on if I feel I need it. My Jeep did have cruise before but I didn't know until I pulled the engine, but it couldn't maintain speed on the highway without changing gears often, so it wouldn't have been useful.

Leave a comment:

• RePowerToy
    replied
    I should add, Dakota digital cruise control is manufactured by another company who makes most of the aftermarket cruise systems. And Dakota buys them from another supplier because the mfg only sells to one distributor. This makes tech support a royal pain in the a**.... so caution.
    As soon as I have the second one going well I will feel better about telling people.

Leave a comment:

• RePowerToy
    replied
    Also I’m working on the second truck with cruise.... not working just yet but hopefully soon.

Leave a comment:

• RePowerToy
    replied
    What’s the reason for GPS Speedo? What transfer case are you running. Dakota makes speed sensors that should work with the stock t case.

Dakota makes good stuff I used their guages in many things. Depending on transmission too you may need to look for some add on items. Not sure the crs3000 will work......

I’ll look at your build again and can maybe tell you what to spend your $$ on

Leave a comment:

• DieselJeep
    replied
    Talking with Dakota on this, I am looking at a universal dash, the GPS speedometer and an additional GPS thing and then a CRS-3000. Have you tried this setup? I think I'm going to hold off on the cruise a bit personally, but the dash will be getting ordered pretty soon, but I need to test the Jeep a bit more and I'm still missing some parts.

Leave a comment:

• DieselJeep
    replied
    I think I'll be putting in some parts orders with Dakota Digital soon. Do I need to pick up some extras? Can't wait to see the list.

Leave a comment:

• GrimmJeeper
    replied
    Originally posted by RePowerToy View Post
    Cruise works! I’ll post soon the parts to use. But due to the fact I don’t want to be liable I can’t tell anyone how to make it work.....
    That's awesome news. I bet with a parts list one can figure it out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X