No announcement yet.

Remote oil filter lines. What fittings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote oil filter lines. What fittings?

I pulled the remote oil filter lines when I installed the engine. One is clearly AN/JIC, but what style fitting is the other?

Are you wanting to use different fittings or just modify the hose length? The fittings supplied are barbed and when I modified mine for a test, I cut my factory hose off and pushed a new hose on adding clamps for good measure. If you have these hoses off, be sure to keep debris out of the oil ports both on the filter head and the oil cooler. Also, clean the lines out before reinstalling.

FYI - We also do not recommend extending the length of the lines as the longer they are, the more they could possibly delay the oil supply to the crank and rods at cold starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanders View Post
      Are you wanting to use different fittings or just modify the hose length? The fittings supplied are barbed and when I modified mine for a test, I cut my factory hose off and pushed a new hose on adding clamps for good measure. If you have these hoses off, be sure to keep debris out of the oil ports both on the filter head and the oil cooler. Also, clean the lines out before reinstalling.

FYI - We also do not recommend extending the length of the lines as the longer they are, the more they could possibly delay the oil supply to the crank and rods at cold starts.
      The last FYI just made me redo something out of fear...... thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanders View Post

Thanks Sanders!

I was more curious. I expected to see 2 ANs. If anything, I would try to shorten them if anything, but it's good to know the specs if I need to modify anything. I will pay attention to the length.

Comment

Anyone consider an oil accumulator for startup? Longago they were added to feed oil to the turbo at shutdown. Might be an option here?
          I've yet to pull the trigger on a 2.8 but haven't dismissed it yet either, the project would be a 62 scout with an ax15 and dana 300.

Comment

A followup here:

The two fittings on the remote oil filter are -10 JIC and M26 x 1.5, 24° flareless (DIN 2353 Light)

I was able to use the stock hoses, but know the sizes helps if I need to make replacement hoses in the field. Thought I would share.

Comment

Working...
            X