R2.8 AC compressor and bracket...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2.8 AC compressor and bracket...

Working on a few part numbers right now that I’ll put out as soon as I confirm they work. But it’s a bolt on AC bracket from a supplier and a sanden compressor that has standard -8 and -10 ac fittings. So no goofy cummins compressor with custom fittings and/or a custom bracket.

compressor
    SD7H15-4822

For the bracket you have to call this number which is a branch (QSF unfit center) 515-264-1650
    And tell them you want to buy a MAD34-c and a MAD35-c

photos below
    Last edited by RePowerToy; 11-10-2018, 03:31 AM.

Will be interested to learn about these options.

Comment

I’d be interested in how you do. Might need it for my intended build. 1970 4x4 Suburban.

Comment

Originally posted by RePowerToy View Post
        Working on a few part numbers right now that I’ll put out as soon as I confirm they work. But it’s a bolt on AC bracket from a supplier and a sanden compressor that has standard -8 and -10 ac fittings. So no goofy cummins compressor with custom fittings and/or a custom bracket.

might have numbers by this weekend......
        Any progress on this?

Comment

We ordered the Cummins AC compressor, part# 5295582. We've run into a minor problem. Before I go fix it with my grinder, I wanted to see if anyone else had run into this and make sure we are not doing something wrong.

The compressor came with threaded, steel sleeves loosely pressed into the mounting ears. The bracket on the R2.8 is 60 mm thick. It won't fit between the mounting ears unless we remove these steel sleeves. We can press the sleeves in from the other side, but then they won't have anything to keep the threaded sleeves from turning.

Comment

Even with the steel inserts removed, the compressor won't fit the bracket unless we grind off the aluminum tabs that were keeping the threaded sleeves from turning.

We can certainly grind this to make it fit. We can replace the threaded sleeves with smooth sleeves and put nuts on the back. But we're wondering if this is the way it is supposed to be, or if there is a more elegant solution?

Comment

I have not had that issue. Hmm.
              can you measure the bracket on the engine and post it and I will check it with the brackets I have here

Comment

The bracket is 60 mm thick. If I file off part of the aluminum tab, the compressor will fit. The tab is supposed to keep the nutsert from turning.

Comment

We just got a different bracket, part # 5286671. And I checked another compressor. The compressors fits the new bracket just fine. The new bracket is machined thinner where the compressor mounts. So, I think it is the bracket shipped on our engine that is the anomaly. We would need to file a little aluminum of four compressor to fit that fat bracket if we were going to use that one.

Comment

I had all the same problems with AC compressor fitment. They must have let the interns figure this part out. Still cannot figure out why the AC compressor is mounted in a place that basically covers the real estate where the motor mounts bolt to the engine block.

Does anyone know if there exists another OEM cummins bracket that will move the AC compressor up?

Comment

Originally posted by nframe View Post
                      I had all the same problems with AC compressor fitment. They must have let the interns figure this part out. Still cannot figure out why the AC compressor is mounted in a place that basically covers the real estate where the motor mounts bolt to the engine block.

Does anyone know if there exists another OEM cummins bracket that will move the AC compressor up?
                      Welcome, there is another bracket but I will have to look the number up.
                      The ac fits just fine in all of our applications. Various compressors and motor mount sets. What are you installing it in? And what ac compressor?

Comment

Originally posted by nframe View Post

The only Cummins bracket that we know of that mounts the AC up is the 5286671, which is almost impossible to get. (have had 5 on order for the last 3 months and have yet to see them)
                        The only other mega brackets from Cummins are from the ford application, but that uses a complete different PS pump and Alt.

Other then that we have a mega bracket that moves everything as far in and up as possible, which we have to use on the RHD JK, RHD Defender and TJ, as the "5286671" Cummins bracket will not even fit with those applications. All the other applications we were using the 5286671 bracket, but we can no longer source them.. Even tried getting some from china and they will no longer make it over there.

Comment

Axis Industries USA do you have a CAD for the mega bracket? I'm needing to design my own bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by dlang View Post
                            Axis Industries USA do you have a CAD for the mega bracket? I'm needing to design my own bracket.
                            We cant give out any of the CAD models it will break our NDA's with the OEM's.

Comment

Looking for the other number right now but here goes.

compressor
                              SD7H15-4822

For the bracket you have to call this number which is a branch (QSF unfit center) 515-264-1650
                              And tell them you want to buy a MAD34-c and a MAD35-c
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by RePowerToy; 11-10-2018, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X