Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nuffsaid
    replied
    Thank you for posting the bracket information up. I think I am going to get the engine up and running and address the a/c later on and see if I can live without it.

Leave a comment:

• 13diamonds
    replied
    Originally posted by nuffsaid View Post
    I was hoping to retain the A/C on my Jeep TJ R2.8 conversion, but after emailing Brittany at Cummins, she told me that moving the A/C compressor to the mid location will cause the power steering pump to have interference with the Jeep frame when moved to the lower location. So, it looks like door will be off for natural air conditioning!
    How much clearance do you need for power steering pump? There is another bracket that moves everything around and may move it up and away enough. This one puts a Sanden Style mounting compressor at top and alternator second, then the power steering pump. Have to order it from a Cummins dealer, you wont find it online easily. There's two part numbers:
    Bracket and dowels,spacers: 5301339
    Bracket:5311718

Click image for larger version

Name:	common-rail-cummins-r28-diesel-engine.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	3161

Leave a comment:

• nuffsaid
    replied
    I was hoping to retain the A/C on my Jeep TJ R2.8 conversion, but after emailing Brittany at Cummins, she told me that moving the A/C compressor to the mid location will cause the power steering pump to have interference with the Jeep frame when moved to the lower location. So, it looks like door will be off for natural air conditioning!

Leave a comment:

• nuffsaid
    replied
    Originally posted by Sanders View Post
    The mid mount bracket can now be purchased online here as well as other 2.8 optional parts: https://shopcummins.com/collections/...8-turbo-diesel
    This link doesn't work

Leave a comment:

• MountainD
    replied
    Just following up on this thread. Has anyone else used the SD7H15-4822 compressor with the Cummins mid mount bracket, Cummins# 5286671, and did it fit or did you need to do the grinding? Doesn't matter much, just trying to figure out which direction I take.

Leave a comment:

• RePowerToy
    replied
    Originally posted by ArthurFJ View Post
    Can anyone tell me how much oil you have to add to this 5295582 compressor? I assumed it shipped full. I've built my whole car and I'm a little worried about charging the AC now.
    Honestly it should come with oil but in my experience, put 2-4 oz in and it should be good. I think even up to 8oz is ok. Normally I put 4+ in and go.

hope that helps

Leave a comment:

• ArthurFJ
    replied
    Can anyone tell me how much oil you have to add to this 5295582 compressor? I assumed it shipped full. I've built my whole car and I'm a little worried about charging the AC now.

Leave a comment:

• 6gun
    replied
    Originally posted by RePowerToy View Post
    Did we already talk on AC brackets? I am out of stock but the next time I have an order I’ll make some more sets.
    Thanks
    Yup! I got the last set you had in stock! Thanks, they are beautiful! Hoping I can actually use them due to the short amount of space between the AC mount and engine mount. I'm really not wanting to have to spend any more money buying another bracket and moving everything around!

Leave a comment:

• RePowerToy
    replied
    Did we already talk on AC brackets? I am out of stock but the next time I have an order I’ll make some more sets.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• 6gun
    replied
    Originally posted by RePowerToy View Post
    Well being these parts are now on backorder and have been for a very long time....
    we will be machining a batch of them and will sell them with the proper compressor.

if interested PM me and I will see how quickly I can get them done.

Also working on a mechanical fan assembly.
    Monday my beautiful little crate arrived from Quickdraw! Now the pressure is on me to get the little stuff worked out. I messaged you about the AC brackets if you happen to have any available. Also very interested in what you have came up with on that mechanical fan?

Leave a comment:

• nframe
    replied
    You have got to be kidding me, 50 dollars for the AC bracket!

Leave a comment:

• Sanders
    replied
    The mid mount bracket can now be purchased online here as well as other 2.8 optional parts: https://shopcummins.com/collections/...8-turbo-diesel

Leave a comment:

• Rental Jeep Red
    replied
    I ended up using Torfab's fittings as well but I cut the pigtail off the compressor and used a generic waterproof connector for the wire. Also, AP Air Inc. (https://www.apairinc.com/shopping/?ic=3862) was my source for hose ends and connectors. They have a huge selection and though you have to go through a retail distributor, are very fast and affordable.

Leave a comment:

• nframe
    replied
    I got those fittings from Tor-fab also. Did the trick!

Leave a comment:

• Biodiesel Don
    replied
    Here are the fittings I got from Torfab.

Another question: Does anyone know wehre to get the pigtail to plug into the Cummins compressor, or are folks cutting off the plug and just splicing their own wire?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9127.JPG
Views:	554
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	1840
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X