QuickServe 101 for troubleshooting and fault code decoding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuickServe 101 for troubleshooting and fault code decoding

​Hello - The number one question I get from folks that use the stock Murphy gauge we include is "what does this fault code mean?" when an SPN/FMI code pops up. For those of us using different displays, it may do the decoding for you. My Murphy PV101 I use just tells me what the code is and saves me the step. However, going to QuickServe and activating your account is still handy because it provides much more information for troubleshooting a code, shop talk, the latest manuals, part numbers and much much more.

If you haven't already, take your engine serial number (ESN) and go to www.quickserve.cummins.com to register your free account with engine purchase.

Once you're signed in, you'll see a small window on the left where you can type in your ESN. If you don't have it handy, you can do the engine model search by using AUTOMOTIVE>R2.8 in the drop downs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	QSOL1.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	2900
    Attached Files

From there, you can select the "service" tab at the top and it will take you to all of the manuals, fault code search, symptom search etc that allows you to find maintenance and troubleshooting info you could ever want. If you don't have a code, you can use the symptom search as shown below.

Name:	QSOL2.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	2902

Comment

If you DO have an active fault, you can take the first two numbers which are the SPN and FMI and toggle over to the Fault Code Search menu and then the "SPN/FMI to Fault Code" decoder. The third number on your Murphy gauge (OC) is just the count or 'occurance' so you don't need it for QuickServe.

Name:	QSOL3.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	2904

Comment

Here's a common fault people text me about when they first start their rig for the first time since the build and have either a low battery or don't have the alternator hooked up...

Name:	QSOLV.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	796.9 KB
ID:	2906

As you can see, when I enter this into QSOL, it tells me exactly what it is and from there, I can click the blue hyperlinks to troubleshoot:

Name:	QSOL4.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	2907

Comment

And if I need to go even deeper into the troubleshooting, I can click the link at the bottom and it'll take me to the manual with much much more info as you can see in this PDF snip below.

I hope this helps!

Name:	QSOLTS.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	2909

Comment

Working...
          X