Custom bell housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom bell housing

I found this guy on Facebook in Cincinnati that is making custom bell housing that eliminate the need for an adapter kit.

https://www.facebook.com/chadmckinne...wxGwic&fref=nf

Comment

That is the best way to do it, but very costly for the various engines. As well as transmissions like the 6l80 do not have a removable bellhousing, so no dice on those.

Comment

At $800 for the Jeep, it's much cheaper than the $1560 that Axis charges for its conversion kit though.

Comment

Yes very much so. I would do that if given the choice. Only from a simplification stand point.

Comment

https://www.farmstronginc.com/produc...15-adapter-kit

looks good! Seems they are taking preorders

Comment

I was just going to post up our adapters! We work with Chad in Cincinnati selling these bellhousings. Yes, this is the best way to do, and at a MUCH lower cost. We are indeed currently taking pre-orders!

Let us know if you have any questions.

farmstronginc.com

Comment

How does the new ax15 bellhousing work with trans placement? does the transmission move forward in order to make up the difference in input shaft to block mounting face? looking at a TJ installation.

Comment

I'm looking aat doing a custom swap with an NV4500. Are you considering doing a bellhousing for that transmission?

Comment

Originally posted by cmiblueblood View Post
                    How does the new ax15 bellhousing work with trans placement? does the transmission move forward in order to make up the difference in input shaft to block mounting face? looking at a TJ installation.
                    This is second hand info but I believe it’s 2”-3” shorter than the standard bellhousing and an axis adapter.

Comment

Any further info on transplacement for the NV3550? I'm assuming that hanging the assembled driveline in place to mark where to weld in motor mounts is the best way to ensure proper placement.

Comment

Entirely depends on if you want to change drive shaft length or putting it in the best place for the trans and engine. Normally we change drive shaft sizing so the engine fits better with the shorter nosed vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Victorino View Post
                          At $800 for the Jeep, it's much cheaper than the $1560 that Axis charges for its conversion kit though.
                          We didnt go the bell housing route, because in a YJ and TJ application you need that extra 1.25" to get the engine to sit in the correct location. With our adapter you don't have to move the transmission or T/C which will save you money on getting new driveshaft, shifter linkages, and T/C linkages.

Comment

• Victorino
                            Victorino commented
                            Editing a comment
                            This is a good point. I didn't know about this positioning issue when I chose my solution. Aside from the drive length there is also the shifter position in the floor to consider. I had to order a new trans and should be installing next week so we'll see how that works out. I did choose to use some other solutions from Axis, the filter/heater mount and the ECM mount, both are great products!

Originally posted by RePowerToy View Post
                          That is the best way to do it, but very costly for the various engines. As well as transmissions like the 6l80 do not have a removable bellhousing, so no dice on those.
                          Been in discussion with Chad at QuickDrawBrand.com the 6L80E bellhousing is removable, GM design it as a “modular” assembly to facilitate multipal applications, length is 23.5” almost same as 700r4,
                          it weighs in at 200lbs so your packing an extra 50-70 lbs

Comment

Working...
                          X