R2.8 tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2.8 tuning

Setting up a test bench to provide tuning.
    Tunes are not done on a piggyback tuner like EFI live, we have another way. We are the only tuner doing this and have years doing so.

All tunes are low to no smoke, and have various items turned “on” and off. We call this emissions intact, and can provide more information on a person by person basis.

Tunes are
    Stock “emissions intact”
    Mild that is just over 200hp and 400ft lbs
    Offroad that is beyond this.

Custom tuning can be provided at additional cost.

Governed speed does change and we can advise on automatic shift points For performance and engine life.

pm, call or txt for more info.
    thanks
    Last edited by RePowerToy; 02-01-2020, 03:53 PM.

Few different options for power and features. More than 10k miles on a few different platforms with these tunes and the r2.8. Many things are different from the ISF2.8 and the r2.8.

Comment

Great stuff, the unicorn must help. Will be reaching out to you for sure!

Do you have any videos of the test runs? Would like to hear the engine

Comment

I will have to put them on YouTube, it won’t let me upload here.

I did forget to mention we do not do “coal rolling” tuning. Very little smoke over stock, very hard to tell the difference between tuned and stock. We have laws now preventing cars and trucks from “rolling coal” so these tunes were built to be as clean as possible.
        Last edited by RePowerToy; 02-01-2020, 03:02 PM.

Comment

I assume you'll post a link. When you do, you'll be adding a subscriber for sure. I can't wait to see this stuff. I should be getting a tune sometime around late summer/early fall (waiting for warranty to run out and will do deletes once warranty is gone).

Any advice on what to look for in tunes? Personally I can't handle more power/torque, but a bit more mpg or just a nicer torque curve and added reliability is always a positive. I'm fairly close to Axis, so I'll probably get it tuned there. I'm not gonna get EFI live, as more power/torque would likely destroy my old transmission.

Comment

Well advantage here is I will only need your ECM to tune, ship my the ECM and I ship it back with a proven option. I can say we have a mild that is stock with a few tweaks and various thing turned “on” and off. Next step up is the 200hp 400ftlb range. And the beyond for off-road use only.

Customer is responsible for verifying end use. Emissions systems cannot be defeated in a vehicle requiring them, but many of you do not have vehicles requiring EGR .....
            I believe Axis uses EFI live, as far as I know everyone other than myself uses EFI live.

These tunes are not done on a piggyback tuner, we have another option we have been using for years. Doing this makes it much harder to tell it has been modified and ensures that it has been done properly!
            Last edited by RePowerToy; 02-01-2020, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Roughly how long does the shipping/turnaround with the ECM take?

Man 200 hp....Really is making me think about another transmission. I don't use much throttle, but seriously that would be fun in a TJ. Have you all seen any improvement in drivability, mpg, and reliability with the mild stock tune?

Comment

Will be a week or so door to door I would say. Bench harness isn’t done yet but as soon as it is we will get lead times. Shipping is as fast as people want really.

I’m bias but drivability is outstanding, much better than stock imo. Mpg varies but guys are getting high 25+ in the 5k lb suv’s And 45+ in the Volvo. Too many variables to say what mpg will be in other vehicles.
                Reliability has been outstanding, currently have the mild tune on 5 different platforms with well over 10k miles and no issues.

Comment

I assume off-road use stuff with deletes are acceptable? Would you happen to provide a delete package, though it's likely just a plate and tune?

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJeep View Post
                    I assume off-road use stuff with deletes are acceptable? Would you happen to provide a delete package, though it's likely just a plate and tune?
                    Being the world of diesel tuning now, I won’t really say what can and can’t be done..... going further all things are possible but will be on a case by case basis. Is all I can say on here.

Comment

For the off-road rigs, that you've seen, does the coolant temp tend to drop without EGR and a proper tune? Or maybe get a bit more consistent? I feel like my setup will run the same road and for a couple weeks run 160s, another few weeks of similar temps and run 180s. Just sometimes seems odd to me and I wasn't sure what was going on. I'm starting to think, maybe I do have some air in my system after a year and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by RePowerToy View Post
                        Few different options for power and features. More than 10k miles on a few different platforms with these tunes and the r2.8. Many things are different from the ISF2.8 and the r2.8.
                        Wow, nice result!

Comment

Any updates or YouTube links available?

Comment

Sorry I haven’t had time to post any videos.
                            Tuning is around $1050 plus shipping back, as fast or slow as needed. Can be overnight.

Have some engines running our tunes that will be racing in the mint 400 in the next few weeks. This will be our final proof of a “safe” cal for this little engine. With any luck will be able to post results when done.

Comment

Would that be the same price to just turn off the "light" for the EGR or would more of a tune be suggested? What max HP would you recommend for the AX-15?

Do you plan to do anything with EFI Live? I know you said not at this point, but wasn't sure if it was on the horizon. EFI Live does look like it could have some other benefits for dealing with J1939.

Just in general, I don't know of an ideal way to mess with the J1939. Every time I have a light it's a pain to get to Quickserve and see if it's going to blow up or if it's just something really simple.

Comment

Working...
                              X