Sputter under acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sputter under acceleration

Hi folks, wondering if I could pick some peoples brains here.

I've had the 2.8 motor in my right for about a year now and I've had a recurring issue with it sputtering under acceleration at low ish rpm is multiple gears. This happens both when its cold and at full temp (~170). I'm lead to believe its either a bad fuel filter or a dirty maf sensor. Looking for input on where to look other than those two options.

Any input is appreciated.

Unplug the EGR valve(you will get a code, but the engine will run fine) and see if the sputter is gone. I bet you it will be

Comment

Gave unplugging the egr valve a go. It wasn’t at operating temp (around 60deg) but it was still sputtering pretty hard and dumping white smoke. I checked out the maf sensor and it wasn’t dirty but gave it a good soak and that didn’t help. Hoping it’s the fuel filter. Have one coming in the mail this week if Coronavirus can simmer down

Comment

What does your MAF sensor setup look like? Is it placed exactly as the directions tell you too with plenty of space on either side for clear airflow?

Comment

Ever get it figured out?

Comment

MAF is properly set up. Shouldn’t be an issue there. I changed the fuel filter and it seemed to help a little bit. But if I’ve been highway driving for a bit and I pull over and try to start moving again it sputters pretty good. Not really sure what else it could be.

Comment

Not sure if it helps but mine initially was improper fuel line setup from shop that put it together.Also there was air getting into fuel line even though everything looked fine, it didn't leak but was damp and enough to suck air. I converted my pickup fittings to AN to ensure no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by 13diamonds View Post
                Not sure if it helps but mine initially was improper fuel line setup from shop that put it together.Also there was air getting into fuel line even though everything looked fine, it didn't leak but was damp and enough to suck air. I converted my pickup fittings to AN to ensure no issues.
                Thanks, good info to know. I’ll check the fuel lines when I get a chance. I ended up trying the egr unplug fix again and it’s been working like a top since then

Comment

Working...
                X