No announcement yet.

What tunes are out there for the R2.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new map from Cummins made a big difference for my R2.8, especially on the low end. My swap is a 1987 FJ60 on 35's. I was happy before the new map but grinning ear to ear now.

Comment

That’s great to hear!!! I have the same opinion. Throttle map is much better too.

post up some photos of your project in a build if you can!
      Welcome.

Comment

Late to the party, we have been swapped with getting parts made for this engine that the electrical support has been on the back burner. The good news is that we have support to flash the cummins ECU's and we have been playing around with them. Early next year we should have some tunes available for you guys.

We can turn EGR off and are working on a Full EGR removal with no DTC's. I have all the hard parts ready to go to delete the components.
        Also we are working on getting Cruise Enable in the cummins ECU. That is taking a little bit more work then we thought but we are getting close.

As far as numbers we are seeing around 180HP and 380 Ft/lbs. For a reliability you really don't want to push these engine anything over that limit. You will start running into internal failures and you will run out of air and fuel at around 400 ftlbs.

Comment

Cummins is not willing to tell me about brake specific fuel consumption, this can be approximated (at least for the full throttle setting) from the fuel map. Does anyone know how to get a dump of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Axis Industries USA View Post
            As far as numbers we are seeing around 180HP and 380 Ft/lbs. For a reliability you really don't want to push these engine anything over that limit. You will start running into internal failures and you will run out of air and fuel at around 400 ftlbs.
            do you mean 280 HP instead of 180?

Comment

Originally posted by dlang View Post

do you mean 280 HP instead of 180?
              Nope, its 180. the R2.8 is not a HP monster, you really don't want to go over 200HP with this engine. 200HP/400ftlbs is the absolute max I would push the R2.8. You start running the risk of failing the main bearings.

Comment

Has anyone messed with a mild tune to delete EGR and maybe get a bit more efficiency. I'm not sure what the economy tunes require, but I wouldn't want one that stressed the injectors or decreased reliability. I assume once tuned, EGT gauge would really be necessary to integrate as well.

I'd hate to delete the EGR before my warranty runs out, but I don't like EGR and I think the engine bay looks so much cleaner.

Any idea how the EGR delete would affect the DOC?

Comment

Any new updates on tunes?

Comment

I have a few of them with and without EGR. Various power numbers, but not really something I can do remotely. Sorry

Comment

Working...
                    X